As we begin this week of celebrating Thanksgiving in the U.S., I’m thankful for my friend Doug Nichols for sharing these 20 verses and thankful for the freedom to share a few of the things we at IBEC Ventures are grateful for. Blessings over you and your families as we reflect on God’s goodness.
1. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
2. Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
IBEC continually makes requests for our overseas projects and we thank God for answered prayer – for protection and for success in business, job creation and in making disciples of Jesus.
3. Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to Him.
4. Psalm 106:1 Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, or He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever!
IBEC is thankful for new clients in the agricultural sector – poultry and soy beans in Africa, rice in Indonesia and nut production in Asia.
5. Psalm 100:4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise! Give thanks to Him; bless His name!
IBEC recently sign an agreement for a continued relationship with a major client – we give “thanks to Him…bless His name!”
6. Colossians 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
7. Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
This is a verse which drives the validity of business for the glory of God, along with the parallel verse in I Cor 10:31.
8. Psalm 95:2 Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to Him with songs of praise!
9. Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
How thankful we are for a strong team of consultants and a great gathering for training in August.
10. 1 Chronicles 29:13 And now we thank You, our God, and praise Your glorious name.
There is no greater reason for gratitude than a new follower of Jesus as reported by a client high in the Himalayan mountains.
11. Psalm 105:1-2 Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; tell of all His wondrous works! And give thanks to His holy name.
IBEC is driven by the quadruple bottom line, one of which is to make His deeds known to the unreached of the world.
12. Psalm 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify Him with thanksgiving.
13. 2 Corinthians 4:15 For all things are for your sake, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God.
“All things” for IBEC means profitable businesses so that jobs are created and people brought out of poverty and injustice.
14. Psalm 9:1 I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders.
15. Psalm 107:8-9 Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness, and for His wonders to the sons of men! For He has satisfied the thirsty soul, and the hungry soul He has filled with what is good.
IBEC gives thanks for freedom businesses which bring enslaved women and children out of human trafficking and give satisfaction to thirsty souls.
16. Jeremiah 33:11a The voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the voice of those who say, “Give thanks to the Lord of hosts, for the Lord is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting”.
17. Hebrews 12:28 Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe.
IBEC is thankful with great gratitude that we operate within a balanced budget as reported at our annual Board meetings this month.
18. 1 Timothy 4:4-5 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.
19. 2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the nations, and I will sing praises to Your name.
IBEC gives thanks for a foundation which helps IBEC with important projects – we thank them and God!
20. 1 Chronicles 16:34 O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Larry Sharp, Director of Training, IBEC Ventures