There was something which I thought about during the “March Madness” this year. It was this: if someone had to describe you at work in one sentence – what would they say?
My wife and I enjoyed watching the women’s college basketball championships this year and particularly the journey and achievements of one young lady, Caitlin Clark, a junior studying marketing at the University of Iowa.
Caitlin has no lack of achievements on the basketball court:
- Scored 41 points in this years’ tournament in defeating the reigning champs, South Carolina; thus, ending South Carolina’s perfect season.
- Named AP Player of the Year; also the John R Wooden Player of the Year.
- Scored 191 points in this years’ tournament, more than any other player.
- Has scored more triple doubles than any active player and second all time.
- Her 32.2 average points was highest in this years’ tournament
- And the list goes on…
But perhaps the most interesting and purposeful comment was made by an opposing player and also a coach, when they said, “she makes everyone around her better.”
Back to the question, “if someone had to describe you at work in one sentence, what would it be?
Think about that in your business today.
Larry W. Sharp, BAM Support Specialist, IBEC Ventures
Image Credits: https://caitlinclark22.com/